That's an interesting and thought-provoking question, isn't it?
What would your ideal school look and feel like?
The Free Church Education Committee recently had an inspiring presentation from the founder of a school in the West Midlands called the King Solomon International Business School. You can read more about the school's founder, Dr Cheron Byfield, HERE.
BBC Radio 4 Woman's Hour have been grappling with, imagining and discussing what their ideal school would be like. You can listen to their deliberations and ideas HERE.
Whether we are in a position to start a new school or not, we can all take an active role in our local school network... for example,
- by taking assemblies,
- joining the PTA,
- take an active part in sharing and using the Education Sunday materials,
- getting involved in SACREs,
- praying for your local school,
- attending fetes and events,
- inviting school children to our churches for events and concerts,
- make links with the school to support the RE curriculum,..... the list is endless...
Why not get involved and be part of making education better and more fruitful for all of our children?