Supporting schools through prayer....
Have you got plans for you and your church on Tuesday 21st November? Why not be part of a national day of prayer for schools?
The third Tuesday of November every year is Pray Day, when schools across Europe and around the world are the focus of prayer. This year it will be held on Tuesday 21st November 2017, with schools across the UK taking part. Se this link for further information.
If you haven’t heard about it before, this is a day set aside every year for people across Europe to focus on praying for their schools, with events taking place in many countries including the UK. The day is for:
- all types of school from nursery to sixth form,
- pupils, school staff, governors, parents, church leaders, youth workers and anyone else concerned about young people,
- anyone who believes that God hears our prayers.
The theme this year is from Paul's letter to the Corinthians:
"All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God." (2 Cor 5 v 18-20)
You could get involved by:
- Telling young people about our campaign;
- Use Social media to promote #SayDoPray;
- Just praying on your own;
- Running a prayer meeting or a Prayer Marathon in your school for pupils and/or staff;
- Organising a prayer evening for everyone from your church;
- Setting up a stall in or outside a school and offering to pray for pupils and staff;
- Leading a school assembly about what prayer means to Christians;
- Teaching an RE lesson on how and why Christians pray;
- Prayer Walking around your local school and area – see our video
- Give a gift of a plant or a cake to the teachers in your school.
Why not find our more about this, get involved and make it a date for prayer and action?! See HERE.
(Photo, used with permission, from Rachel Kane, The Salvation Army, from a recent Pray Day event - Rachel is a member of the Free Church Education Committee.)
There are 30,000 schools in the UK, and Pray for School’s vision is to see every single one of them supported by regular Christian prayer. Pray for Schools is not an organisation to ‘join’, but a network that exists simply to encourage prayer for schools in partnership with prayer groups, churches and Christian organisations. With prayer the combined efforts of Christian teachers, parents, governors, school board members and many others will become more effective.